My kids and I had so much fun creating (and taste testing!) these holiday Thumbprint Cookies for Dr. Oz’s community. Whip up a batch for your friends and family—they’ll love them so much they won’t even know they’re healthy! Bonus: These sweet treats are perfect for a cookie exchange. All ingredients fit easily in a mason jar for gifting. Watch the video and enjoy!
1 ½ cups cashews (raw)
1 cup dates (pitted)
5 Tbsp. coconut (shredded, unsweetened)
½ cup dried cranberries
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup water
Pinch of sea salt
Large handful of coconut for rolling (shredded, unsweetened)
Small handful of dried cranberries for thumbprint
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a cookie-dough-like consistency is achieved.
2. Scoop out rounded spoonfuls.
3. Roll the dough between your palms to make a ball.
4. Roll that ball in the coconut.
5. Make a thumbprint in the center of the ball and drop in a few dried cranberries.
6. Place the finished cookies on a plate and chill in the freezer or fridge for an hour before serving.
7. Store in the freezer or fridge.
Love this recipe? Join barre3 Online and get unlimited access to hundreds of whole-foods based recipes created by our favorite chefs.