My kids and I had so much fun creating (and taste testing!) these holiday Thumbprint Cookies for Dr. Oz’s community. Whip up a batch for your friends and family—they’ll love them so much they won’t even know they’re healthy! Bonus: These sweet treats are perfect for a cookie exchange. All ingredients fit easily in a mason jar for gifting. Watch the video and enjoy!
1 ½ cups cashews (raw)
1 cup dates (pitted)
5 Tbsp. coconut (shredded, unsweetened)
½ cup dried cranberries
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup water
Pinch of sea salt
Large handful of coconut for rolling (shredded, unsweetened)
Small handful of dried cranberries for thumbprint
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a cookie-dough-like consistency is achieved.
2. Scoop out rounded spoonfuls.
3. Roll the dough between your palms to make a ball.
4. Roll that ball in the coconut.
5. Make a thumbprint in the center of the ball and drop in a few dried cranberries.
6. Place the finished cookies on a plate and chill in the freezer or fridge for an hour before serving.
7. Store in the freezer or fridge.