Quinoa is one of our favorite ways to add a punch of meatless protein to any meal. This Easy Red Bean & Quinoa Chili, developed by my functional nutritionist Andrea Nakayama, is packed with healthy protein to keep you energized and ready to take on the next 28 days.
EASY RED BEAN AND QUINOA CHILI
1 can organic red beans (we prefer Eden’s Organics)
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 cups organic sugar-free tomato sauce
1 cup water
1. Drain your canned beans and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat (Tip: choose one that is large enough to hold the beans, too).
3. Add onion, salt, garlic, pepper, and spices.
4. Sauté for several minutes, allowing the onion to soften.
5. Add quinoa and stir to combine.
6. Add rinsed beans to the onion and quinoa mixture and pour in the tomato sauce and water. Simmer together for 30 minutes. Taste to add more salt or spices to meet your taste buds – enjoy!
Love our recipes? Subscribe to barre3 online workouts for exclusive access to new recipes and workouts every month! Get started here.